COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for visiting and participating in the BAT “Battle of Minds” competition (“Competition”) developed by British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited (Company number 00262254), Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London, WC2R 2PG (“BAT”). By taking part in the Competition, you are agreeing to the following Competition Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by all the Competition Terms and Conditions below, please do not participate in this Competition.
Eligibility to Enter
This Competition is free to enter and open to all participants who meet the following criteria (“Entrant Teams”):
- Participants may only enter in teams of two to four individuals (or in teams of three individuals only in the case of participants from Bangladesh). Participants are responsible for forming their own teams. Entries from individuals alone will not be accepted. By submitting an entry for a team, that submitter confirms and warrants that they have the authority and consent to enter on behalf of the other team members.
- Participants aged 18+ at universities (or equivalent institutions) (“Eligible Institutions”) located within the list of Eligible Countries (as set out in Schedule 1) and studying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree (or other equivalent courses) at that Eligible Institution, or who have completed their studies at the Eligible Institution less than five years before the Closing Date (as defined below).
- Only entrants studying at Eligible Institutions located in the Eligible Countries will be entitled to participate in the Competition.
- The Competition is not open to the following:
- current or former interns of BAT, or of any affiliate, partner and/or subsidiary of BAT (other than individuals who received such internship in connection to previous BAT Battle of Minds competitions);
- current or former employees (whether full or part-time, permanent or temporary or otherwise), agents, consultants or contractors of BAT or of any affiliate, partner and/or subsidiary of BAT (other than individuals who received such employment in connection to the Battle of Minds competition);
- anyone professionally connected with the Competition or with BAT or any affiliate, partner and/or subsidiary of BAT;
- immediate family members of (or persons living in the same household, whether related or not) any such individuals referred to above as not being eligible to participate; and
BAT reserves the right to reject entry by, or cease the continued participation of, a person or team it considers to have entered in breach of these Competition Terms and Conditions. BAT reserves the right to require Entrant Teams and their individual members to provide proof of eligibility to enter at any point during the Competition.
Entrant Teams will need to have access to the internet, and will need to have the ability to prepare supporting documents and upload these files to the internet.
All Members of an Entrant Team must be located within one of the Eligible Countries (“Entrant Market”).
BAT may in its absolute discretion accept entries from Entrant Teams that validly entered similar competitions run by local BAT subsidiaries and progress these entries into any appropriate stage of the Competition.
How to Enter
Before you can submit an application, you must register your team (“Team Entrant”), and each individual member of each Team Entrant must also register. Any Team Entrant or individual team member that does not complete ALL of these steps by the Closing Date will not be able to take part in the Competition.
We invite you to register your team using the online form found at competition.bat-battleofminds.com from 1st May 2023
To participate in the Competition, registrants can submit their entries using the online form found at competition.bat-battleofminds.com between 1st May 2023 08:00 GMT and 30th June 23:00 GMT (the “Closing Date”). Late entries will not be accepted.
Entrant Teams will be assigned to the local BAT subsidiary for the relevant country or region in which the Eligible Institution is headquartered.
Where a BAT Direct Reporting Business Unit (an “Area”) comprises a single end market (“Country”), BAT may in its absolute discretion decide whether to enter the Entrant Team at Country Selection or Area Selection level (meaning the initial competition stage within the relevant Country or Area, as applicable).
For further details about how each Entrant Team from each Eligible Country/ will enter the initial judging round, please see the table at Schedule 1.
BAT will not accept responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, or systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
BAT will not accept Competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
You may only make one application as part of a single Entrant Team to participate in the Competition.
By entering the Competition, you agree not to provide false or misleading personal information. You must not under any circumstances register your participation under a false identity.
NOTE: it is essential that you check your application carefully before submission to ensure complete compliance with all the requirements of these Competition Terms and Conditions. Read all the requirements carefully, including not only the technical requirements above and the restrictions on content listed under the heading of Representations and Warranties below, but also all the other requirements set out in these terms and conditions. This is crucial, because any non-compliant submissions may be rejected with no opportunity to amend and re-submit.
The Competition is divided into three distinct judging stages:
- Country Selection;
- Area Selection; and
- Global Final.
After they have registered, Entrant Teams will be able to select a challenge on the Competition web-portal. Entrant Teams shall choose to respond to one of the briefs set out below. Entrant Teams will only be able to make a submission in relation to one challenge.
Entrant Teams must prepare a pitch deck in response to their chosen challenge. The challenges require Entrant Teams to develop a unique product or service and build a business plan around that product or service, to compete in a saturated market.
Choose a challenge
As news unfolds around us, we are more conscious than ever about our responsibility to each other, the environment and the communities we live in. We want to hear your ideas and see your passion for looking after the environment, creating a positive social impact or championing integrity. Please choose one of the following challenges and inspire us:
The TECH Challenge
How would you leverage cutting-edge technologies like AI, augmented reality, virtual reality etc. to create a more sustainable world?
The BIO Challenge
From sustainable farming to packaging alternatives: what would you do to decrease the CO2 footprint of our everyday lives?
The ENERGY Challenge
Calling for innovations in the renewable space: how would you make our planet greener by leveraging on your idea?
The INCLUSION Challenge
What’s your idea to drive an inclusive culture in the workplace through technology and innovation?
Country Selection – Approximate date: 1 July 2023 – 15 August 2023
Each Entrant Team will be asked to answer questions about their business idea and submit their pitch deck, preferably in PowerPoint or similar format, with additional supporting written document setting out further details of their business plan at competition.bat-battleofminds.com by 23:00 on 30 June 2023 (“Submission Deadline”). Any pitches and supporting documents that are not submitted by this date shall not be accepted and any Entrant Team that has not submitted the required materials before this closing date shall not be able to continue participating in the Competition.
Subject to the Representations and Warranties (set out below), the pitch deck and supporting written document must be a maximum of twenty (20) slides and should include the following content:
- product/idea/company tagline
- company Area (from within the themes provided)
- basic stats like geography/country/city
- what problem the company is addressing
- what’s the solution to the problem
- details of how product/technology/solution will work
- any product/technology design and/or prototypes
- any market/customer validation
- market feedback (for idea and/or prototype)
ESG focus (environmental, social and governance standards)
- what broader ESG aspect is being addressed and how
- ESG measures of success (how ESG impact will be measured)
Business model – key assumptions
- key assumptions over business model drivers (incl. price points)
- expected consumer/customer adoption rates (incl. how many and driven by what)
- key assumptions over cost base
Business model – business plan
- 5-year-profit and loss (# customers / # units, revenues, variable costs, gross margin, fixed costs, EBITDA, other costs, profit/loss)
- Including actuals for past 12 months if this exists (for example, if you have worked or work in a start-up).
- current financing status (cash on hand, any burn rate and resulting run rate, current ownership structure)
- future financing needs (how much and when for next 2-3 years)
- desired mix of investors (strategic, financial)
- next upcoming round financing details (how much, valuation range, financing instrument)
- management team + bios
- board structure + bios
- hiring/Team growth plan for next 1-2 years
It is preferred that such pitches and supporting documentation at the Country Selection level are provided in English. However, should this be difficult to obtain, local language documentation may also be accepted. Please note that Entrant Teams who progress to the Area Selection level and/or the global final will be required to provide their pitch and written documentation in English only. BAT will not provide or be liable to cover any costs relating to obtaining translations.
Submissions will be judged at the Country Selection level by a local panel, which will comprise a team of managers from the relevant local BAT subsidiary (or subsidiaries). Each local panel will be judging submissions on the following criteria:
- ESG value proposition and impact;
- Product/solution attractiveness;
- Business Venture attractiveness; and
- Team and leadership.
The decision of each local panel will be final.
The Entrant Teams will present their pitches to the local panel (either in person or virtually on a date specified in advance by BAT). If Entrant Teams are unable to attend on the specified date as a complete team, BAT will consider the reasons for the Entrant Team’s unavailability and may, in its absolute discretion, offer an alternative date. BAT does not guarantee that an alternative date will be made available and BAT reserves the right to select a replacement Entrant Team. Entrant Teams may be required by BAT to travel to their local BAT office in order to present to the judging panel. The local rounds may also involve a session where Entrant Teams will be questioned further on their submissions for clarifications or additional information – responses from this session will be fed back to the judging panel.
Expenses: If relevant Entrant Teams are required by BAT to travel to their local BAT office to participate in the Country Selection level, BAT may, only with prior written consent, pay reasonable expenses for travel for each Entrant Team member from and to their home to their closest BAT office (if flights or trains are required, they must be in economy class), and overnight accommodation in a hotel with a 3 star rating for one night if the Entrant Team member is required to travel over 2 hours by vehicle or public transport to get to their closest BAT office. BAT may, at its absolute discretion, cover the cost of meals during such travel. All traveling Entrant Team members will be required to sign a waiver form prior to travel exempting BAT from any loss, damage or injury that may be incurred during travel and accommodation.
The local panel may in its sole discretion decide when and how many Entrant Teams will advance in the competition and whether an Entrant Team should advance to the Area Selection level or direct to the Global Final. There is no maximum number of winners at each Country Selection and if the local panel determines that no Entrant Team has met the requisite standard, it may decide that no Entrant Team shall progress.
Country Selection prize: The Entrant Team winners at each local level will be notified by email and will be invited to participate in the next level of the Competition. In addition, members of the winning Entrant Team at Country Selection level may be offered a local prize as determined in the sole discretion of each local BAT subsidiary, including but not limited to (and subject to candidate suitability) internships, employment opportunities or financial recognition of an amount up to GBP 3,000 per member of the Team Entrant, subject to local laws.
Internships, if offered, will be approximately three (3) months in length and may be extended by a further three (3) months (up to six (6) months in total) entirely at the local BAT subsidiary’s discretion. BAT will use its reasonable endeavours to accommodate each of the winning members of an Entrant Team’s preferences as to what department their internship will take place in, however, BAT has full discretion and its decision shall be final. Internships are subject to availability and local BAT subsidiary approval and age requirements separate to these Competition Terms and Conditions, and subject to any local employment laws and regulations, including satisfactory completion of background checks (where required). Internships will commence on dates to be agreed between BAT and the winning Entrant Teams. The award of an internship shall be subject to winning Entrant Team members completing the required interview process successfully, as well as all security checks required by BAT or its local subsidiary, and Entrant Team members will be required to comply with relevant BAT policies while participating in the internship. BAT reserves the right to change, amend or refuse any internship at its discretion, and may remove any Entrant Team member from an internship if that Entrant Team member does not comply with all relevant BAT policies. Notwithstanding that internships may be offered, there is no guarantee of an internship or employment opportunity of any kind at a local BAT subsidiary.
The Entrant Team at Country Selection and/or Area Selection will also be offered mentorship/coaching leading up to the Global Final.
In the event that the BAT business in a particular Country is the sole market in a Area (see table below), BAT may in its absolute discretion treat Entrant Teams for that Country as either an Country entrant or advance such Entrant Team to the Area Level.
Area Level – Approximate date: 16 August 2023 – 30 September 2023
Each local BAT subsidiary sits within a Area under BAT’s business structure. For details as to which Area your Eligible Market will fall into please see the table at Schedule 1.
The Entrant Teams who have been selected as local winners and advanced to Area level will present their pitches to the Area panel of BAT senior managers virtually or face to face on a date specified in advance by BAT. If Entrant Teams are unable to attend on the specified date as a complete team, BAT will consider the reasons for the Entrant Team’s unavailability and may, in its absolute discretion, offer an alternative date. BAT does not guarantee that an alternative date will be made available and BAT reserves the right to select a replacement Entrant Team. Entrant Teams may be required by BAT to travel to their local BAT office in order to present to the judging panel. Pitches in the Area Selection round must be in English only. BAT will not provide or cover any costs relating to translations into English.
The Area Selection round of the Competition will be judged by the Area panel on the following criteria:
- ESG value proposition and impact;
- Product/solution attractiveness;
- Business Venture attractiveness; and
- Team and leadership.
The decision of each Area panel will be final.
Expenses: If relevant Entrant Teams are required by BAT to travel to their local BAT office to participate in the Area Selection level, BAT may, only with prior written consent, pay reasonable expenses for travel for each Entrant Team member from and to their home to the relevant BAT office (if flights or trains are required, they must be in economy class), and overnight accommodation in a hotel with a 3 star rating for one night if the Entrant Team Member is required to travel over 2 hours by vehicle or public transport to get to their closest BAT office. BAT may, at its absolute discretion, cover the cost of meals during such travel. All traveling Entrant Team members will be required to sign a waiver form prior to travel exempting BAT from any loss, damage or injury that may be incurred during travel and accommodation.
The Area Selection panel may in its absolute discretion decide when and how many Entrant Teams will advance in the competition to the Global Final. There is no maximum number of winners at each Area Selection and if the Area Selection determine that no Entrant Team has met the requisite standard, it may decide that no Entrant Team shall progress.
Area level prize: Winning Entrant Teams from Area Selection will be invited to the virtual global competition final. They will also receive a “fast track ticket” eg. An invitation to the next Global Graduate Programme Assessment Center in their Eligible Market (if applicable in the market).
Global Final – Approximate date: 15 – 31 October 2022
Entrant Teams participating in the global final will be invited to a virtual event, to present their business cases to a global panel comprising senior managers across BAT. Entrant Teams will be questioned on their pitch by the global panel. Pitches and questions with the global panel in the global final must be in English. BAT will not provide translations. The exact date of the virtual global competition final will be notified to the Entrant Teams in advance. If the Entrant Teams are unable to attend on that date, no alternative date will be available and BAT reserves the right to select a replacement Entrant Team. The global panel will judge submissions on the following criteria:
- ESG value proposition and impact;
- Product/solution attractiveness;
- Business Venture attractiveness; and
- Team and leadership.
Global final winner:
- Cash Prize
One Entrant Team will be selected by the global panel as the winner of the accolade of being declared the BAT Battle of Minds Champions 2023 winning a cash prize of up to GBP 50,000.
Please note that the cash prize will be subject currency exchange rates and to the Entrant Teams completing necessary internal processes relating to anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption and other local laws and restrictions that may be relevant in the jurisdiction such Entrant Team is based. Each entrant team will also need to incorporate an entity relating to the business idea and set up a business bank account for the cash prizes to be transferred to. Should these processes not be completed, BTV or the BAT Group reserve the right at their sole discretion to withdraw or amend cash prize to the winning Entrant Teams.
- ESG Accelerator Programme
Following the Competition, both the winner and runners up (and other Entrant Teams in the Global Final) may also be offered a place in BAT’s ESG Accelerator programme (ESG Lab) run in partnership with Btomorrow Ventures Limited (“BTV”), the corporate venture capital unit of BAT. Offer of entry to join a future cohort of the ESG Lab will be at both BAT and BTV’s sole discretion and shall also be subject to separate terms and conditions to be agreed with the Entrant Teams offered such opportunity, and alignment with the upcoming cohort topic of the ESG Lab.
During the Competition and for a 6-month period following the date of the announcement of the BAT Battle of Minds Champions 2023 (the “End Date”), BTV and the BAT group (being British American Tobacco p.l.c., a company incorporated in England (company number 3407696), and each of British American Tobacco p.l.c.’s other subsidiaries from time to time) (“BAT Group”) may, in its sole discretion, discuss in good faith potential commercial opportunities with the winning and runners up Entrant Teams including, without limitation, an equity or debt investment into their company or a joint venture or collaboration. Where BTV wishes to enter into such commercial discussions with them, BTV shall notify them in writing, and the parties shall then have a period of 28 business days following the receipt of such notice in which to discuss and agree heads of terms. Following the agreement of the heads of terms, the parties shall negotiate full contractual terms of any commercial arrangement and the outcome of the negotiations shall be documented in and subject to a separate agreement negotiated between the parties and will follow the terms agreed in the heads of terms. Any such separate agreement shall include terms governing the ownership of any new intellectual property rights created between the parties. Such investment shall be subject to completion of additional compliance checks and due diligence.
If at any time during the Competition, and for a period of 6 months following the End Date, any Entrant Team enters into (or intends to enter into) a non-binding term sheet regarding potential investment or other commercial arrangement with a third party, they shall promptly notify BTV of such arrangement (providing as much information about the arrangement as is reasonably possible subject to any of the information being confidential information). Prior to continuing any discussions with such third party, such Entrant Team shall give BTV the opportunity to discuss the potential commercial options with BTV on the same terms. BTV agrees it shall not unreasonably delay any discussions of commercial opportunities with the Entrant Team and shall notify it of any decision no later than 21 business days following BTV’s notice of such interest.
Representations and Warranties
You understand, recognize and agree that:
- BAT, its subsidiaries and affiliates reserve the right, at any time during the Competition to disqualify any person or Entrant Team that, in the opinion of BAT, does not satisfy the eligibility criteria set out in these Competition Terms and Conditions;
- Your entry is made without any prior payment or promise of payment or the expectation to you of any payment, benefit or advantage in return for your entry, except for the possibility of obtaining those benefits expressly referred to in these Competition Terms and Conditions as being part of this Competition;
- You will compete fairly and uphold business ethics. Unfair and unethical acts will be noted and will be grounds for disqualification;
- You should not submit (and BAT reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant Team that it considers has done so):
- any content belonging to anybody else, such as commercial secrets, material which contains trademarks and/or copyright protected material, any material broadcast on TV or radio or any other medium, or any other material that does not belong to you, or which infringes the rights of any person or entity;
- any content which infringes any applicable law, regulation or right of any person or entity, including, without limitation, rights under contracts and of confidentiality, laws relating to defamation, contempt, blasphemy, infringement of privacy or personal data rights, malicious falsehood, seditious libel and any equivalent or related laws in any territory where the content is or may be accessed or made available;
- any sensitive information or content about someone’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation, commission or alleged commission of any offence, or any proceedings relating to any such commission or alleged commission of an offence;
- anything that is derogatory or defamatory to any person or members of a particular group;
- anything that is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene, menacing or name calling of other people, or that condones, promotes or facilitates, or is likely to encourage or is capable of encouraging anything unlawful;
- anything that in any way exposes information of a private nature (including but not limited to personally identifiable information such as websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information, etc.), is spam, is sexually explicit, or depicts or incites violence, sadism, cruelty or racial hatred;
- anything that is likely to mislead by inaccuracy, ambiguity, exaggeration, omission or otherwise;
- anything that is likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- anything that contains images or video footage of any person under the age of 18 (or 20 in Japan) or images or video footage of any person where such person has not consented to their inclusion in the image/video;
- anything that occupies communications capacity or bandwidth frivolously, vexatiously or in a manner which is intended to or may inhibit any other person’s use of any BAT website;
- anything that portrays any corporation or brand negatively;
- anything which promotes your own products or services or any third party’s products or services;
- any information known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- any programming or materials containing any Trojan horses, computer viruses, worms, harmful codes, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
- images or depictions of cigarettes, cigarette smoke, cigarette packs or anything related to tobacco products and/or other nicotine or tobacco based products, or any other form of electronic cigarette, e-cigarette, heating device, or vaping device, whether or not they are of BAT’s product brands, whether combustible or non-combustible; or
- any information or mention of any of BAT’s product brands or any promotion or advertisement of such items, whether combustible or non-combustibles;
- You will comply with the BAT Standards of Business Conduct [British American Tobacco - Standards of Business Conduct (bat.com)];
- Notwithstanding that internships are to be awarded as prizes, your participation in this Competition does not in any way guarantee you an internship or a job position at BAT or with any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, nor does it guarantee you investment;
- If the Competition requires a photo being uploaded, it must be a photo of you and nobody else; and
- All content that you submit is original and accurate.
In connection with the Competition, you are expected to create and contribute materials including, (without limitation), documents, photographs, graphics and other literary, dramatic, artistic and musical materials (“Materials”).
You hereby grant to BAT a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide and perpetual licence (with the right to sub-license others) to use, copy, distribute, rent or lend, perform, communicate to the public, modify, adapt, and otherwise use or exploit in any manner and in all media any and all intellectual property rights (including without limitation all copyright and related rights, and performers' property rights under Part II of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (CDPA) or any other applicable copyright laws, including but not limited to the local Country laws) in any Materials, regardless of its format (orally, hardcopy, digitally or otherwise) contributed by you to the Competition.
You hereby irrevocably consent to BAT making the fullest use of the Materials (and any parts of or extracts from the Materials) both in connection with the Competition and in combination with other content owned, controlled or represented by BAT.
You hereby irrevocably consent to BAT’s worldwide use, and to authorise others to use, your name, voice, image, biography and likeness and recordings of any interviews commissioned by BAT in connection with the Competition.
To the extent permitted by law, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive the benefit of your moral rights arising under Parts I and II of the CDPA and performers' non-property rights arising under Part II of the CDPA and any similar laws of any jurisdiction in favour of BAT and all its licensees in the Materials.
You agree to do all such acts and execute such documents as BAT may reasonably require to vest in or confirm to BAT or its sub-licensees all rights granted or purported to be granted by you to BAT under these Competition Terms and Conditions.
BAT reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify or select an alternative winner and/ or modify the content of these Competition Terms and Conditions or the Competition or any prize at any time.
BAT reserves the right to hold void, cancel, postpone or otherwise terminate the Competition, or any portion, stage, or selection level, at any time at its sole discretion.
If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Competition Terms and Conditions, or of the spirit of this Competition, BAT may at its sole discretion refuse to accept an entry and/or disqualify an Entrant Team.
BAT’s decision is binding in all matters relating to the Competition, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
Entrants are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these Competition Terms and Conditions as being part of any prize or any other part of this Competition.
All prizes are non-transferable and prizes not awarded in cash are not redeemable for cash. The prizes at Country Selection and Area Selection may be cash or alternatively, comprise paid internships (in respect of which no approximate cash value can be estimated).
Other than any prizes you may win, you will not receive any other benefit or recompense, monetary or otherwise, from BAT as a result of your participation in this Competition.
All comments and opinions communicated in the course of this Competition are not expressive of BAT, its people, opinions and/or beliefs.
The names of the winners may be published on BAT and BTV’s social media channels and in external newsletters.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of a member or composition of an Entrant Team, each entry will be deemed made by the authorised email account holder of the email address used in the relevant registration. “Authorised email account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
The award of any cash prizes will be subject to the successful Thomson Reuters World-Check One (or equivalent) screening of the members of the winning Entrant Team(s).
Where BAT is required by law to make any tax deduction or withholding in relation to any cash prize, BAT may deduct or withhold such amount from such payment and remit the amount to the proper revenue or other authority.
For information on how BAT will deal with personal data submitted by you in respect of this Competition, please see the Battle of Minds competition 2022 2023 Privacy Notice, which can be found at Privacy notice (bat-battleofminds.com) and which forms part of the Competition Terms and Conditions for this Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, by accepting these Competition Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the Battle of Minds competition 2023 Privacy Notice and the information regarding the processing by BAT of your personal data as set out within it.
By entering this Competition, Entrant Teams agree with the laws of each applicable jurisdiction on data protection.
To the extent permitted by law, BAT and/or any of its affiliated companies, accepts no liability for any loss or damage to personal property or personal injury or death (save in the case of BAT’s negligence) suffered due to entering or taking part in this Competition or taking up a prize.
If these Competition Terms and Conditions are translated into any language other than English, the English language version shall prevail.
Consequences of breach: By entering the Competition you agree to reimburse BAT and its subsidiaries and its and their directors, employees, agents and contractors on demand in full from and against each and any losses, claims, damages, liabilities, fines, interest, penalties, costs, charges, expenses, demands and legal and other professional costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) (“Liabilities” or “Liability”) incurred as a result of suffering, defending or settling a claim relating to, arising from or alleging (i) your use of and access to competition.bat-battleofminds.com (ii) your breach of any of these Competition Terms and Conditions; (iii) your breach of any third party rights including, without limitation, any copyright or other intellectual property rights or privacy rights or the breach or alleged breach by BAT or any of its subsidiaries of any such third party rights; (iv) your breach of any laws, regulations or codes of practice in creating, submitting and/or subsequently amending your submissions; and (v) any claim that any of your submissions has, will or may cause damage to any third party (save, in each case, to the extent that such Liability arises through the gross negligence and/or willful misconduct of BAT or any of its subsidiaries). This provision of the Competition Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain enforceable both during the Competition and after the Competition has ended.
We reserve the right at any time and without notice to amend the Competition Terms and Conditions from time to time. Please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that the relevant time. These Competition Terms and Conditions were most recently updated on 1 April 2023.
Organiser: British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited (Company number 00262254), Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London, WC2R 2PG. No entries should be sent to this address.
The Competition will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The laws of any other jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of any other courts are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. However, nothing in these Competition Terms and Conditions will act to exclude your rights under the laws of your jurisdiction which may not be excluded by law.
SCHEDULE 1 - Eligible Countries
List of participating Eligible Countries and their respective Areas
Country (End Market)
South Eastern Europe
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Papua New Guinea
APMEA Sub-Saharan Africa
The terms “the Group” and “The British American Tobacco Group” are used to refer to British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited and the group of companies constituting its parent companies, direct and indirect subsidiaries, and the direct and indirect subsidiaries of its parent companies, worldwide.
How you can contact us
Any enquiries or complaints which you have in relation to this website should be addressed to the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited, Globe House, 4 Temple Place London, WC2R 2PG.
Privacy Notice. We take your privacy very seriously. Please read our Privacy Notice to see how we use your personal information.
Links to external websites
This website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites and we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of such sites before you submit any information about yourself. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly we cannot accept any liability for the accuracy of, or otherwise in relation to, any content or the security of any activity carried out on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked websites. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
If you choose to access external websites using links provided on this website, these websites may set a cookie. British American Tobacco does not have any control over the use of such cookies and you should refer to the terms and conditions of use, privacy notice and/or cookie notice of the particular third party website for further information.
User generated content
Any user generated content uploaded to this website as part of the Competition will be governed by the Competition Terms and Conditions. You should not upload any other content to this website other than as part of the Competition.
- This website is provided for the purpose of providing information about, and facilitating entry into, the Competition only. This website is provided to you free of charge, without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. The information contained in this website, and the functionality that allows entry into the Competition, is intended to be used by potential and actual entrants to the Competition only.
- We are not responsible for use of this website. Except as expressly provided for on this website, we are not responsible for the use of any web pages or the content of any messages sent by you or other users. Aside from the intended purpose of the website set out above, we do not have any knowledge of, or control over, the particular purposes for which the information and content available on the website is used.
- You accept the risks inherent in using the internet. By using the website you acknowledge and accept the inherent risks, characteristics and limitations of the Internet, particularly in terms of technical performance of the website, including response times to view, verify or transfer information; and the risks inherent in all third party links, connections and transfers via the Internet. Accordingly:
- we do not make any promises about the availability or accessibility of the website or promise that your access to the website, the content on it or the services we provide will be delivered uninterrupted, in a timely manner or error-free; and
- we are not responsible for any data or information uploaded by any users including any content posted, uploaded or published on the website. It is your responsibility to make backup copies of any of the content you post, upload or publish on the website and we strongly recommend that you do so.
© British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited. All rights reserved. Incorporated in England and Wales No. 00262254
Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0)20 7845 1000
Please send legal notices to British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited, Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG.